Client Alchemist, LLC ("company," "us," "our," or "we") has prepared this Privacy Statement to ensure that the viewers of our website Clientalchemist.com and all other affiliated websites and technology systems (collectively, the “Website”), and subscribers to our newsletter or other online services and products (collectively, the “Online Services”) are aware of our practices concerning information collected from users of the Website and subscribers and purchasers of Online Services ("user," "you," "your").
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are 18 years of age or older. We are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
Client Alchemist, LLC
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 4900 Carlisle Pike #144, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email sent by the company. This will open a portal for you to update your contact information.
2. Terms and Conditions of Use
3. Information Collected
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data. When a User uses, registers for or subscribes for any Online Services, or interacts with the Website in other ways, such as by submitting questions or comments, or requesting information or materials, such User acknowledges and authorizes the company to collect the following information:
User’s domain name, IP address, and computer and web browser type; any information provided to the company by User through the submission of any forms, surveys and any other information received from User, including, but not limited to, email addresses regardless of whether provided by Users or otherwise acquired by us as a result of correspondence with Users, personally identifiable information, and financial and demographic information relative to Users; and any information relative to User’s utilization of the Website including information relative to what web pages Users visit or access.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. Additionally, as a paying member you may voluntarily choose to submit other data including logins to various 3rd party sites and services. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased/requested and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, marketing surveys for the purposes of research and segmentation, and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, free give-aways, special offers or to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers including Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook or Twitter based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
There are various types of cookies. Session cookies are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer. Persistent cookies are stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Cookies can also be categorized as strictly necessary cookies which are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Performance cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular. Functionality cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
5. Use of Information
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
6. Third Party Disclosure
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we reserve the right to release and disclose any and all information relative to any User to law enforcement or other governmental officials as the company, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary to comply with any applicable law or at the request any governmental entity or agency. We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT, merchant, and system administration services
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
7. International Transfers
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
8. Data Security
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
9. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they stop being customers. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
11. Access and Modification of Information
To the extent required by applicable law, User may request that the company inform User about the personal information maintained by us with respect to User, and where appropriate, request that the company update, correct and/or suppress personal information about User that we maintain. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law, and where permitted, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to such request. Please remember, if User makes such a request, the company may not be able to provide User with the same quality and/or variety of Online Services to which User is accustomed. User is permitted to remove User’s personal contact information from our marketing list by utilizing the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of every email sent to Users by the company or by directing any other request, in writing, to: Josh Schoenly, 4900 Carlisle Pike #144, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. To protect User’s confidentiality, the company will only respond to the physical or email address provided to us in User’s request.
12. Information From Minors
No information collected from children is knowingly used for any purpose whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website.
13. Anti-Spam Policy
The company seeks to ensure that it and third parties with whom it provides information relative to Users comply with all applicable law relative to contact with Users. In this regard, the company will only contact Users for the following purposes:
In addition, the company has instituted the following protocols relative to electronic mail correspondence in order to facilitate our compliance with applicable law such as the Can-Spam Act, including among other things:
All emails sent to Users by the company will conspicuously identify us as the sender; Email messages will contain an “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom thereof, which will allow the User to opt out of getting email from us in the future; and a current physical mailing address will be contained in all email communications, where the User can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
14. Information Security
The company implements security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of User’s information. We restrict access to personal information to our business partners who may need such information in order to operate, develop or improve Online Services. Persons receiving such information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.